External Budget Management
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of external budget process and detailed coverage of preparation of budget estimates and new policy proposals and costings. It is aimed at a practitioner level.
The contents covered are:
- Budget strategy and decision making;
- Budget cycle – budget, additional estimates, SMR, MYEFO;
- Portfolio Budget Statements – key tables and schedules;
- Preparation of external budget estimates – including CBMS data entry;
- New policy proposals and costings; and
- Funding models.