The effective management of risk is a key element in delivering the results government expects from sound public sector management. Our approach is directed towards supporting managers at all levels to anticipate uncertain events and to respond appropriately to potential weaknesses. The key risk management implementation objectives are to:
- Implement an effective risk management framework that is tailored to meet the challenges of an agency’s internal and external environments;
- To effectively and efficiently manage an agency’s risks;
- Establish commitment to risk management by the Executive;
- Encourage the use of risk management strategies to create document trails for transparency and probity;
- Establish a workable risk management process and system with value added management reporting; and
- Develop a communication strategy and training framework for staff and stakeholders.